Q: Why sailing with Flying Sailship?
The Flying Sailship holiday experience means you’ll eat the local way, travel the local way, sleep the local way and experience the ultimate Greek Hospitality no matter what activity you choose to enjoy with us. Both crew members have spent many years in Halkidiki, have already explored all the secret paradises for you, and can give you all the necessary tips to enjoy your stay at Halkidiki, on the yacht and even show you how to sail a boat. At the same time our skipper is a very experienced, certified skipper, having great sailing experience in some of the most challenging waters of the world.
Q: What is the maximum group size?
The maximum capacity on our boat for Day Sailing Trips is 9 (plus 1 crew members).
Q: Is sailing experience required?
No. It is certainly welcome but not required.
Q:Are children allowed?
For safety reasons we would prefer not to host children below the age of 6 year old. Additionally, swimming skills are a prerequisite for children to participate in these trips.
Q:Are animals allowed?
Although we love animals we would prefer not to host animals during these trips for the convenience of the rest of the group. In case the boat is booked by a whole group of friends, then animals could be travel on board.
Q:Which is the meeting point for the trips?
The embarkation/disembarkation point is at Marmaras Harbour.
Q: What should I bring with me?
- Some flip flops or deck shoes that can get wet (white rubber soles are preferable)
- A jumper or a waterproof jacket – while days on the water will be beautifully warm, it can get quite cold during the evenings, so bring something to stay cozy in.
- A beach towel
- Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat
- Swimsuits (don’t worry about the snorkel and fins – we provide those)
Tip: Just remember that it is a huge pain trying to haul a massive suitcase up and down a tiny stepladder.
Q: Can you assist me with post or pre trip accommodation in Neos Marmaras and/or Thessaloniki?
Regarding Halkidiki, we can host you in one of our accommodation options (Alterra Vita B&B and our lovely independent apartments at the outskirts of the village). In case of no availability we can arrange accommodation with one of our business partners. Regarding Thessaloniki, we can give you some accommodation options but we do not cooperate directly with any provider.
Q: How much does transfer from and to Thessaloniki Airport cost? How long does it take?
- One-way taxi drive costs about 100-120 EUR (max 4 passengers) – Trip duration: approx. 1h 20mins
- One-way bus trip costs 14 EUR per person – Trip duration: approx. 2h 30mins Departure bus times from Thessaloniki to Neos Marmaras: 9.30am, 13.30, 17.45 Departure bus times from Neos Marmaras to Thessaloniki Bus station: 8.00am, 15.00, 18.30
- Car transfers: Contact us and we can arrange a one-way transfer at the cost of 80-90 EUR (max 4 passengers) and a minivan transfer for 100-110 EUR (max 6-7 passengers)
- Car rentals: Contact us and we can arrange car rentals (pick up from Thessaloniki Airport or any place in Halkidiki, and return either to the Airport or to any other place in Halkidiki)
Other Important Notes
Summer temperatures can reach up to 40 degrees Celsius, which can be uncomfortable for those not used to the heat. Please consider the time of the year you wish to travel and your suitability to that season.
Average water temperatures in Halkidiki: May: 16-18°C, June: 21-24°C, July-August: 25-27°C, September: 23-24°C, October: 21-22°C
The minimum age on this trip is 6.
Dietary requirements are required at the time of booking so that any included meals can be properly catered for or the shopping supplies can incorporate these requirements.